Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Stargate Atlantis - David Hewlett - Canadian Spotlight Radio Interview Sept. 11

From Amy Scott's MySpace Blog (Amy is an on air personality for Radio Station 94.1 - Sunny94 - in Lacombe, Alberta, Canada):

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=240330527&blogID=307015674

(Please follow the link for the complete blog article. You can listen live on their website at www.sunny94.com next Tuesday, Sept. 11 at 8pm, and if you're not in the listening area, you can check their site Wednesday.)

http://www.sunny94.com/

September 5, 2007 - Wednesday

David Hewlett 101



So, coming up on Canadian Spotlight, we'll have David Hewlett talking about his new movie, A Dog's Breakfast.

Here's the story of why I wanted 'A Dog's Breakfast' on Canadian Spotlight. David Hewlett wrote, directed and starred in the movie. He also funded it. Wikipedia says he spent about a hundred grand, which isn't much for a movie. He borrowed equipment, borrowed friends, and used what he had available. And then… he sold it to MGM! His first movie! Now, if I made a movie, I'd go bankrupt. David sold his to MGM. Even though David isn't a poor man (it looks like he's been working pretty steadily and is now the lead on a TV show… but it's not 'Friends' or something so I doubt he's raking in twenty million a season) I still think it's a pretty cool success story.

So, if you don't know who David Hewlett is, don't worry! I've done some research for you! I'm the kind of person who, if I'm going to interview someone, wants to know the answers before I even ask the questions. I want to have at least an idea of where the interview is going to go. So, I scoured the internet, and this is what I came up with:

**snippage**

Now that you've been educated on David Hewlett and the 'A Dog's Breakfast' story, I hope you'll listen to Canadian Spotlight next week. Tuesday at eight. You can listen live on our website at www.sunny94.com if you're not in the listening area, or you can log on here on Wednesday.

~Amy Scott

No comments: