Thursday, February 28, 2008

Stargate Atlantis - The Den of Geek: Robert Patrick Interview

From The Den of Geek:

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/12393/the_den_of_geek_inteview_robert_patrick.html

(Please follow the link for the complete LONG interview.)

The Den of Geek inteview: Robert Patrick



Terminator 2's T1000 talks The X-Files, Sarah Connor Chronicles, T4, The Sopranos and a whole lot more. May we proudly introduce Mr Robert Patrick...

by Martin Anderson


Actor Robert Patrick heralded the CGI revolution that is continuing to transform movies and movie-making when he took on the role of the liquid-metal T1000 assassin in James Cameron's Terminator 2 in 1990. He has reprised the role a few other times for fun (in Wayne's World, amongst others), and also cemented his association with science-fiction in the role of Agent Doggett in the final two seasons of The
X-Files.

It was our pleasure to catch up with him and look back on T2 – and other roles – in a year that has gone Terminator-mad…

**snippage**

Q: You're obviously a fan of T2 and The X-Files because they are personal projects of quality, but are you a general sci-fi follower?


RP: "I can't say that I'm a huge sci-fi follower. I certainly am aware of the fact that I'll be linked with sci-fi for the rest of my life, and I'm very proud of that. Hopefully there's some great sci-fi stuff in my future.

I do like the genre as an actor, because it gives you a lot of freedom to use your imagination to come up with ideas and how to react and what it must be like. It gives you a lot more latitude for things that you can try and do.

I did a couple of episodes of The Outer Limits, and had some great experiences, and a pilot for Stargate Atlantis. That show was a huge success, mostly with the same guys as The Outer Limits."





Q: Was it a disappointment that your character in Atlantis didn't go on beyond the two episodes?

RP: "To be honest, it was presented to me as `we'd like you to come do the pilot', and I had done two shows with them with The Outer Limits, and they had written two great – I thought – episodes of television with those Outer Limits episodes. I enjoyed the experience very much but at that point…I live and work in L.A. primarily and my kids are young enough that I go and take them to school every morning and spend a lot of time with them, so I'm only interested in working in television if it's a show I'm gonna film in L.A.

That's another set of parameters that circle my life as far as decisions I make on what I'm going to do and where I'm going to go."

**snippage**

No comments: