Sunday, March 16, 2008

Stargate Atlantis - Jewel Staite Blog Update Mar 16 '08

From Jewel Staite's MySpace blog update for March 16, 2008:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=147037658&blogID=367500751

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update.)

Sunday, March 16, 2008

guess where I get to go?




I realize these blogs are getting few and far between lately, but work has begun, which is both a great thing and a very tiring thing. It’s all I can do to get the forkful of penne to my mouth region at the end of the day, let alone write something half-interesting. So I do apologize. But I have good news! Or at least good news if you live in the land of kangaroos!

Things have been a bit hectic lately, what with schedules changing and episodes being locked and un-locked, so it was becoming an unfortunate reality that I was going to have to cancel my appearance at the Supanova conventions in Australia at the end of the month. But, since this industry is maddeningly unpredictable (and luckily that sometimes works in my favor), I’m able to make the trip after all. So for all of you Aussies, or the rest of you with boatloads of airmiles you need to get rid of, I’ll be in Melbourne on March 29th and 30th, and Brisbane on April 5th and 6th. I adore what I’ve seen of Australia so far (Sydney’s the limit of it), so I’m really looking forward to this one. Stay tuned for pics from the trip.

(other appearances I should mention while I’m at it: Dallas Comic Con on October 25-26th, and… da da-da-DAAH! Dragon*Con, August 29th-Sept 1 in Atlanta! So you can now cease and desist from asking me if I’m going!)

I hate to rub things in, but I’m really excited about this, too, so I’m just going to say it: my husband and I are renewing our vows this April 25th in Maui on the same beach we were married on, with family and friends in attendance… I am apparently living under a rainbow with a leprechaun because I’m not in the episode shooting on our anniversary, so thank you Atlantis! Because it would have been really embarrassing for everyone if Matty were there renewing his vows by himself. Or hilarious. You choose.

While I’m at it with the good news, I should say that so far this season of Atlantis is proving to be one of the most exciting, in my opinion. I’m really happy with the way they’re going with my character, and one of the scripts I’ve read actually made me cry (!!) and not because I’m stuck in prosthetics once again! Seriously, I think (hope) Atlantis fans will be satisfied. However, it’s simply not the same without the Tappinator around; she’s definitely missed. (But I gotta say….Robert Picardo is kicking ass. He’s a master at the subtle nuance, totally hilarious, and besides that, he sings a good show tune, and you know how I feel about show tunes!)



Questions:

1. How is "Staite" pronounced? Just like the United. Nothing fancy. I’ve gotten everything from "State-y", "Steet", and "Stai-eee-tee". Like, really? Seriously? And while we’re at it, yes, Jewel Staite is my given name, written on my birth certificate. I realize it sounds like a stage name, stripper name, and a psychic’s name, but as I’ve mentioned before, my parents were and still are giant hippies. My middle name’s Belair. Kill me.

2. Was it hard kissing David Hewlett? We giggled a lot. But we have great chemistry, I think. I’m kinda digging this whole McKeller thing. No more elaborations. Oh, and when I make a baby-making joke, it’s a joke, ok? As if I’d give something like that away if it were true! Besides, there’s enough babies around the set right now, trust me. I’ll say it again: I bring my own water to work and do not touch whatever they’re drinking.







**snippage**

8. Someone asked me for the top five reasons to move to Vancouver. I’m always mystified when I have to sell Vancouver to someone, but I guess if you haven’t been here, you don’t know the half, so here goes: The first reason would be the environment itself, the mountains and the air and the clean water; second reason would be how laid back and friendly everybody is; third reason is the fresh seafood; fourth reason is the city is insanely beautiful; and the fifth reason is because it is simply the best place in Canada to live. (second choice being Montreal, in my opinion). I love, love, love this place, and I’m so blessed to be working in the place I love!

But… Australia works too… so SEE YA!

Love Jewel

No comments: