Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Stargate Atlantis - MGM Stargate: Close Up: David Hewlett

From MGM Stargate:

http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=83

Close Up: David Hewlett

(Please follow the link for the complete MGM Stargate article/interview.)

June 3, 2008 (Actors)

We saw him spend his life setting right a wrong at the end of season four – so what's Stargate Atlantis' fifth year got in store for Dr. Rodney McKay?



Photo courtesy of MGM Stargate

A brief excerpt:

David Hewlett, the actor behind the ever-irritating and indeed, irritated, Dr. Rodney McKay, is enjoying his first period of `down time' since filming on Stargate Atlantis' fifth season began. According to Hewlett, McKay is having quite a time of it this year – and he's happy to tell us all about it.

"It's been amazing," he says, with obvious enthusiasm. "I've got my first break; there's an episode, `Whispers', where I just have a couple of cute little scenes with the lovely and talented Paul McGillion, so I've actually had a few days off. But it's been amazing. The episode I'm most excited about so far is called `The Shrine,' which we've just finished shooting. It's Brad Wright's triumphant return to writing scripts for Atlantis, and it's just great. It's a really meaty McKay episode, but the great thing about Brad is that he may write episodes that are kind of McKay-centered, but he's so good at bringing in all the other characters as well. So it's just a great ensemble piece where I get to do some acting," he laughs. "I love running around shooting things and techno babble and all, but it's just nice to go, `Wow, I actually have to act…' I can't just have fun I actually have to do some serious work!"


**snippage**

No comments: