Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I, Robot - Brooks Van Norman: Being a Background SWAT

At Brooks Van Norman's web site:



Has behind-the-scenes photos and comments about being a background actor for the Will Smith movie, 'I, Robot.'


A brief excerpt:

Being a Background SWAT Officer in i-Robot

July 8th, 2008

At the time, i-Robot was the largest made for film production ever filmed in Canada. 185 million USD was the total budget. Will Smith got $20 million. I got $1,100 for a few scenes with the back of my head and a side profile over 7 days work. But it was a blast.

My agent told me that I am well suited to military and cop role roles. (I’m sure the Buzz Lightyear jaw line has something to do with that!).

Actually, there were so many special effects in this film that they were rumored to eat up most of the remaining budget. The police station, where all of my scenes took place was so real looking.

**snippage**

No comments: