Thursday, July 10, 2008

James Marsters - Total SciFi: Interview

From Total SciFi:

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)



Posted on Thursday 10 July 2008

James Marsters: “You guys like watching me getting humiliated…”

James Marsters has been a really busy guy lately. He’s returned to Smallville as Brainiac, taken on the role of Piccolo in the upcoming big screen version of Dragonball, had a recurring role on Torchwood, had a cameo as real-life serial killer Ted Bundy in the TV miniseries The Green River Killer and played a number of concerts in support of his new album, Like a Waterfall. Talking with the audience at Creation Entertainment’s Grand Slam convention in Burbank, California, Marsters talked about his latest projects and looked back at his time on Buffy.

How did you feel about not being a Big Bad on Buffy?

I was really, really, really mad about not being a Big Bad. [Marsters found out that as a regular, Spike was supposed to be pathetic.] But you guys like watching me get humiliated. I decided to suffer as beautifully as I could, with dignity.


How did you feel about the end of Buffy as a series?

The end of that show was not about Spike, it was about the Potentials. I would have liked the Potentials not to have been on the show. Lovely women, but I would have liked [Spike] to have chosen to sacrifice himself.

No comments: