Friday, August 22, 2008

Stargate Atlantis / Universe - Joseph Mallozzi's Blog Update Aug 22 '08 - NEW Photos!

From Joseph Mallozzi's blog update for August 22, 2008:

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update and to view NEW behind the scenes photos from a new Stargate Atlantis episode in their original format.)



Prepping for surgery on the mystery patient

August 22, 2008: Firstlies through Eightlies…

First, let me start off today's entry by saying if you have any questions about the new spin-off, Stargate: Universe, I'm not the person to ask. Hell, I didn't even know the ship was named Destiny until I read it in the press release this morning. What I do know, however, is that with Brad and Rob at the helm (you may know them from such works as Stargate: SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis) it's sure to be a quality show.

Secondly, to all those of you seeking clarification, let me emphasize what I wrote in yesterday`s entry. Team Atlantis - Paul, Carl, Martin, Alan, and myself - was hopeful that, when all was said and done, the show would get that elusive sixth year pick-up. I can assure you that had we received the go-ahead, we would have been both thrilled and thankful to be producing a season six. Yes, we're disappointed. And,
yes, had the order come in for both shows, you can be damn sure we would have found a way to make it work. In the end, even though it didn`t pan out, there is still plenty of Stargate to look forward to in the near future.

Thirdly, thanks for the all-around well-wishes. I was surprised to discover that quite a few members of the cast and crew read this blog and they'll surely appreciate your kind words.

Fourthly, what does the future hold for Paul and I? Well, an Atlantis movie for one. It's still in the very early planning stages but it will be big and chock full of great character moments. Beyond that - it's too early to tell.



Emergency surgery

**snippage**

Seventhly, lost in all the recent discussion is actress Sharon Taylor's impending visit. Feel free to include questions for Sharon (a.k.a. Gate Technician Amelia Banks) amid the understandable venting.

Eighthly, I empathize with the fans. I realize that many, MANY, MANY of you are upset and as long as you have something to say, I'm willing to listen. So if you're taking the time to post your thoughts on recent developments, then know that the least I can do is take the time to read them and hit the "Approve" button.

I took some great shots on set today that I'll be posting in tomorrow's entry. Hopefully, they'll put a smile on some of your faces. In the meantime, enjoy tonight's episode, The Shrine, as well as a few snaps from a couple of the episodes we happen to be shooting…



In the O.R.

No comments: