Thursday, November 20, 2008

Twilight - The Deadbolt: Robert Pattinson Interview

At The Deadbolt:

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)



Robert Pattinson Says He's in the Twilight of Two Realities

By Jordan Riefe

Up and coming actor Robert Pattinson is about to go from "that guy in Twilight" to a household name in a lot of houses across America and the world when the big screen adaptation of Stephanie Meyer's Twilight hits theaters. Although you can make the comparison to the Harry Potter films in terms of frenzied excitement, Robert Pattinson has much more of a rock star persona than Daniel Radcliffe ever did. Meyer's character, Edward Cullen, not only has the sex appeal that helps young girls discover their womanhood but he also has the vulnerability many girls can relate with. Whether Pattinson likes it or not, he knows his life is about to change.

When Pattinson sat down with the press at the recent Twilight junket in L.A., he revealed that all of the current attention feels like he's living in two existences, as so many know who he is yet so many people don't even recognize him at all. But when Twilight hits theaters on November 21, those two realities will become one when almost everyone under the age of 25 (and a lot more) will know what he looks like and who he is.

While on-hand at the Twilight junket, we also got the goods on how Robert Pattinson is handling his newfound fame, why Catherine Hardwicke forced him to learn to play baseball, what it's like to play such a different vampire, and how his song wound up on the Twilight soundtrack.

So I just grab the soundtrack and see your name on it. Can you talk about the song and all of that?
PATTINSON: It was just a random occurrence. I was playing music last year and I think Nicky Reed gave a CD to Catherine [Hardwicke] and then Catherine called me in and said, "Hey, look at this." And she showed the scenes with these two random songs, which were just recorded on my computer and it kind of bizarrely fitted... And so I was fine, I didn't really think about it. The hype wasn't even as much then, she just started editing.

I didn't know it was going to be on the soundtrack or anything. So I was just like, "Okay," and agreed to it then. Now it's become this big deal and it looks like I'm trying to get like a record contract off of the back, and everything else, and I go, "Argh, no." But I don't know, yeah, they were songs written years ago and nothing to do with Twilight. I thought I'd be able to get away with it secretly and have it under a different name and stuff but I think people thought it was too much like a marketing gimmick. So I go, "Ah, whatever."

No comments: