Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chuck - Adam Baldwin - A.V. Club: Random Roles - Adam Baldwin

At A.V. Club:



Adam Baldwin as Jayne Cobb from Firefly

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Adam Baldwin


by Steve Heisler February 2, 2009

Welcome to Random Roles, wherein we ask actors for memories about roles that defined their careers. The catch: They don't know beforehand what roles we'll ask them to talk about.

The actor: Adam Baldwin, currently the stoic, wisecrackin' government agent on NBC's Chuck, which returns from its mid-season break with a 3D episode on Monday, February 2. Baldwin is perhaps best known for playing Jayne Cobb in Joss Whedon's Firefly and Serenity (another largely wisecrackin' stoic role), and he got his start in 1980's My Bodyguard when he was still in high school.

A brief excerpt:

Drillbit Taylor
(2008)—"Disgruntled Bodyguard"
AB: There's a little clip out there on YouTube if you Google "Drillbit Taylor Bodyguard interview." Steve Brill, Michael J. Fox, Richard Dean Anderson, and I would all play hockey in a local actors' league together. Steve knew me from that, so he threw me in for a cameo. But I had to convince them it would be okay to let me wear the My Bodyguard jacket, which I still have. Their idea was to throw me in that cameo montage, but I figure if I'm gonna do it, I might as well do the character with the dirty white T-shirt and the jacket. It's a laugh for the parents taking their kids to see the movie who saw My Bodyguard in theaters. A friend of mine said, "Oh! I laughed when I saw it. My kids didn't get it, but I did."

AVC: Was it a retrospective moment, donning the jacket again?
AB: It still fits!

No comments: