Thursday, March 5, 2009

Stargate Atlantis / Sanctuary - MGM Stargate: Stargate Magazine Interviews Samantha Carter

At MGM Stargate:

(Please follow the link for the complete interview excerpt.)



Stargate Magazine Interviews Samantha Carter

March 5, 2009 (Actors)

Read an excerpt of Stargate Magazine's interview with Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter) - on sale now!

Amanda Tapping is a busy woman. Not only is she the lead actress and Executive Producer on the hit show Sanctuary, but she still finds time to occasionally don Sam Carter's uniform. Despite Carter's departure from Stargate: Atlantis in the first episode of season five, she came back for the series finale. Shooting Sam's return during the show’s final week must have been bittersweet.
"I was there for the last day!" exclaimed the actress when we spoke just after the show wrapped. "I wasn’t there for the last shot, I have to be honest, because it’s a hard shot to watch. I had just wrapped Sanctuary, so I came off my new show and back on to Stargate: Atlantis, and I started feeling weird. It was sad. I was really shocked when it got canceled. The show was doing well, the episodes this season are really good, it was getting good ratings and everything was in place – it made sense to keep it going. They’re a great crew and I hope that they manage to keep a lot of that crew on for Universe."

... Read the full interview in issue 27 of The Official Stargate SG-1/Atlantis Magazine - on newsstands now! Click here to subscribe today!

No comments: