Friday, November 20, 2009

Stargate Universe - Stargate Planet: Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman (Pvt. Decker) Interview

At Stargate Planet:

German

English

Interview with Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman



A brief excerpt:

S-P.de: Hello, Mr. Bowyer-Chapman. Thanks for the interview opportunity. You're playing a character named Darren Becker on Syfy's new series Stargate Universe. Did you initially audition for that character or did you initially have a different role in mind?
JBC: Actually, it was a long casting process for me. Over the course of about 2 months I read for 3 different characters. Initially I went in to read for MSGT Greer (played by Jamil Walker Smith). A few weeks later they called me back to read for Sgt.Curtis (played by Bradley Stryker) and finally the following day I read for Airman Darren Becker who I ended up landing. At first I was really wanting to play Greer, but after seeing what Jamil has done with him, I couldn't imagine better casting. Sgt.Curtis was written as a larger role than Becker, but I've actually ended up filming a lot more episodes as Becker than I would have had I booked Curtis, so for that I'm grateful.

No comments: