Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stargate Universe - Pink Paper Magazine: Ming-Na Interview

At Pink Paper Magazine:

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)



"My husband was super thrilled when he found out I was playing a lesbian"

Ming Na was Deb in ER and the voice of Mulan. Yes, Disney's Mulan. Now she's playing gay as Camille Wray in Stargate Universe.

Darren Scott
Pink Paper Magazine
12 January 2010

A brief excerpt:

Working on a show like Stargate Universe, how does it differ from something like ER?
Ming-Na: "Well I’ve been so impressed with Sci-Fi and MGM, with a station that’s a little bit smaller there is a great deal more support and a comfort that you get from the executives of MGM and Sci-Fi. They’re friendly, completely approachable, super-supportive. I mean, right now, MGM will be showing a 90 second trailer in movie theatres which is fantastic. It’s amazing support. It feels like a big family. That’s one aspect of it. Another aspect of it is that the whole Stargate franchise has been around for 15 years. They have Brad Wright and Robert Cooper and the crew and the writers have all been involved for many, many years. It’s just such a well-oiled machine and they’ve embraced all of us newbies with open arms and there’s a lot of comfort so I’m really thrilled about that. Most of the time you’re there biting your nails thinking ‘oh God, I hope they like it and god, I hope they enjoy it. I hope the numbers come in’, and so on. Of course, we want big numbers and I think at the same time they’re excited to see the show air in general."

1 comment:

Wedding Cakes Pictures said...

This girl is going to be a star!