Friday, March 19, 2010

Stargate Universe / Atlantis - Joseph Mallozzi's Blog - MORE SGA Production Artwork

From Joseph Mallozzi's blog update for March 19, 2010:

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update and to view ALL the SGA production artwork photos in their original format)

A pitiful sight! Production goings-on! Brackets busted! And more from the Atlantis Art Department Archives!

... Got most of the notes for my Resurgence outline (episode 10) and, while I’m still a little leery about the third act, I’m just going to forge ahead. I feel it might be a little short but Brad [Wright] was quick to point out that I thought Incursion would be short – and it turned into a two-parter.

VFX Supervisor Mark Savela came by the offices today to solicit our opinions on the fast-developing new aliens. Paul [Mullie] felt the hands were too large, the fingers too pointy, while my main concern was the potential expressiveness of the face (or, at this point, lack thereof). Mark assured me that they were in the early stages and, as things progressed, they’d be adding layers (ie. musculature and flesh) that will address my concerns.

Second cast read-thru today. It included regulars and a few recurring including that Prison Break veteran I mentioned in a previous entry. Very nice guy – unlike the character he plays on SGU. Or Heroes for that matter...

[NOTE: Could Joe be referring to Robert Knepper? Hmmmm...]

[Update: March 20 '10: Spoiler TV confirms Robert Knepper will have a recurring role in season two of Stargate Universe.]


... More goodies from the Stargate: Atlantis Art Department archives:



Captain’s Chair – Stargate: Atlantis, Season Four, Travelers. Thank goodness for neural interfaces. It’s a wonder anything ever got done without them.

No comments: