Friday, April 2, 2010

Stargate Universe - About.com SciFi - Fantasy Guide: David Blue Interview

At About.com's SciFi-Fantasy Guide:

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Interview: David Blue

SGU's wisecracking everynerd on a wild ride that's getting wilder

By Mark Wilson, About.com Guide

Apr 2 2010

Photobucket

Hard-working actor David Blue is known to genre fans both as Logan, the vampire techie on Moonlight, and as Eli Wallace, the gamer who unexpectedly finds himself at the middle of the Stargate Universe mission (not to mention a compelling stint on Ugly Betty). The day before the premiere of SGU's season 1.5 (April 2, 2010, on Syfy), David talked to me about how the new half-season of SGU is going to be explosive, forcing Eli to step up and decide who he wants to be. Plus thoughts on how his characters fare in the romance department, being a fan and feeling the fans' expectations, the possibility of an SGU musical episode, and the last days of Moonlight (and whether it has a future).

A brief excerpt:

Let's start with the tee-shirt -- "You are here." Did that start from the idea there must be a lot of Elis in the audience?
DB: "You know I'd love to take credit for that, but early on I was at the Sundance Film Festival and I got a call from our wonderful costume designer, Val Halverson, and she asked me my favorite colors. Unfortunately I didn't know she was talking about what I'd be wearing. I told her that I love red and black. So she presented me for the costume fitting with a whole bunch of shirts, and one of them was the red "You are here shirt." And I really liked a lot of the other ones [laughs], I really liked some of the blue ones, the green ones, but they were all really, really cool shirts, very geeky and fun. I never in a million years thought that they would go for the "You are here" shirt. But I like it, and in a strange way it has actually affected some of the plots you'll see this season. I have a lot more respect for the actors on Lost now [laughs], wearing the same thing all the time. Anytime that there's even a hope of wearing something else, I'm like begging at Val's sleeve, "Please let me wear something else!"

I'm still lucky though, because all the military types are wearing uniforms all day. My everyday costume is a tee shirt and a hoodie. I could not be more comfortable."

Photobucket

No comments: