Monday, May 17, 2010

Stargate Universe - Joseph Mallozzi's Blog: Alaina Huffman Answers Your Questions!

From Joseph Mallozzi's blog update for May 16, 2010:

(Please follow the link for the complete MASSIVE blog update.)

Actress Alaina Huffman Answers Your Questions!

Photobucket

As I always do, I forwarded the fan/reader questions with the understanding that work and other commitments would probably prevent a quick turnaround. “Here are the questions,”went my standard accompanying message. ”Feel free to pick and choose among them, then send them back my way whenever you’re done. No rush and no deadline.” The next day, I received the following missive from actress Alaina Huffman: “I have a bunch answered, gonna take a break but didn’t want to lose any so am passing on what I have answered and will get the rest tomorrow night!” She’d already answered half the questions! I marveled over the quick turnaround. Her response: “Moms. We multi-task ;) “. Oh, yeah. I forgot. This was the woman who twitters through the birth of her last child.

Anyway, what can I say about Alaina? Well, the word “awesome” comes to mind. Awesome in her onscreen ability to convey immense strength and depth of character in something as simple as a single line or look. Awesome in her relaxed and upbeat off-screen attitude that instantly puts everyone around her at ease. Just all-around awesome.

Over to Alaina and her smilerific (this has gotta be a record!) Q&A ...

Photobucket

A brief excerpt:

E writes: “First of all, you have been absolutely brilliant with TJ’s pregnancy storyline. I really feel for the character. What aspect of your character do you like the most?”
AH: Thanks :) I love the fullness of the Character. I love that she is allowed to be unsure yet still possesses strength. I have learned a lot from her in my personal life, how to be strong and can take charge yet ask for help and be ok with the fact that you don’t have all the answers!

“How similar are you and TJ?”
AH: Like I said I have learned a lot from her but I don’t think we are very similar.

“What’s your favourite episode in S1 and why?”
AH: I loved the episode “Time” cause it was amazing ;)

No comments: