Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Stargate Universe - Cinema Spy: How 'Stargate Universe' Won Me Ove

At Cinema Spy:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Redressing the Balance: How 'Stargate Universe' Won Me Over

Why one 'Stargate' fan didn't stop watching 'SGU' after all.

By Michael Simpson | Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Photobucket

Seven months ago I was not expecting to say this: Stargate Universe has been one of my favorite shows on TV this year. That is quite a turnaround from November 2009. Then I wrote an article for CinemaSpy titled Why One Stargate Fan Has Stopped Watching 'Stargate Universe'. I said I'd had enough of unsympathetic characters and soapy subplots, with too little action, humor and meaty drama. I said that 'Life' would probably be the last episode I watched.

Thankfully it wasn’t. Stargate Universe ended its first season last Friday. In the last 10 episodes it has started looking like the series I hoped it would be. With a few exceptions they were exciting, dramatic and thought-provoking. As a result SGU unexpectedly became an essential part of my weekly viewing schedule. After writing off the first half of the season, I think it's only fair that I redress the balance...

No comments: