Thursday, May 1, 2008

Battlestar Galactica - The Futon Critic: Interview with Mark Verheiden

From The Futon Critic:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rant.aspx?id=20080501


(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

ON THE FUTON WITH... "BATTLESTAR GALACTICA" CO-EXECUTIVE PRODUCER MARK VERHEIDEN


By Brian Ford Sullivan

Welcome once again to our second season of "On the Futon With...," a semi-weekly feature where I sit down and talk TV with some of my favorite people in the industry, all the while trying to give the impression I'm not some overgrown fanboy.

THIS WEEK'S GUEST: "Battlestar Galactica" co-executive producer Mark Verheiden

Brian Ford Sullivan: Let's start with the easy stuff - how did you get involved with the show?

Mark Verheiden: "With "Battlestar" it's not much of a story. I had worked with executive producer David Eick on a project, several projects actually, a number of years ago when he was still working with Sam Raimi, and for some reason he remembered me. [Laughs.] They were looking for someone to come on the show a few episodes into season two, someone who had some television experience and maybe some familiarity with science fiction concepts. They contacted my agents, I came in, I interviewed, and there you go. But... it's funny, I had not -- I don't know why, I guess I hadn't been paying attention, but until the call I didn't know "Battlestar" was back on the air. I hadn't seen any of season one. And when my agent called, I think I had the classic reaction a lot of people must have had to hearing there was a revival of "Battlestar." And I said, "You got to be freaking kidding me." [Laughs.] And then they sent me the first season of discs, I watched them addictively over a weekend and went, 'Where do I sign?'"

**snippity doo-dah**

No comments: