Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Stargate Atlantis - Jewel Staite - Visimag: Hollywood Hotline - Firefly Convention

At Visimag's Hollywood Hotline:

(Please follow the link for the complete article. Photos at the site.)



SUBJECT: Firefly/Serenity Convention

Science Fiction fans are the most loyal in the world; they’ll even come out to cheer on the stars of a TV series, Firefly, that only lasted two seasons, ending in 2003, and its critically-acclaimed subsequent 2004 movie, Serenity, that didn’t bring in enough box office revenue to qualify for a sequel. But to hear the audience who packed into a room at the Marriot Hotel in Burbank, California, burst into applause when members of the cast came on stage, you’d think it was the highest-rated show on TV now.


... Jewel Staite, who played Kaylee, the ship’s mechanic, followed Glass on stage. She immediately sat in the director’s chair provided for her, and seemed very relaxed as she spoke with the fans about Firefly, Serenity and her current stint as Dr Keller on Stargate Atlantis, in which she has blond hair. “I’m in a blond phase now,” she acknowledged. “I haven’t seen my real hair color in a very long time. I liked Kaylee with brown hair, it just felt right as she was earthy.”

When the series ended, Staite admitted that she took the ‘Kaylee’s Room’ door sign home with her. “Nathan [Fillion] took everything else – I’m not joking. I was concerned; I thought he was playing Firefly at home by himself. He actually gave me Alliance money once, and I told him, ‘It’s not real money you know!’”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm... we all WISH Firefly had lasted two seasons - in fact, it was less than one with only 11 episodes going to air, with 14 later released on DVD