Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Stargate Atlantis - Stargate Galaxy: Kate Hewlett Interview

At Stargate Galaxy:

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)



Kate Hewlett Interview

The very talented Kate Hewlett, who played Rodney McKay's sister on Atlantis, and is, in fact David Hewlett's sister in real life, kindly agreed to share a bit about herself in the following interview. Thanks to everyone who sent in questions for Kate.


A brief excerpt:


What is the most challenging aspect of being a female actor?
Kate Hewlett: For me, the most difficult part is the focus on my appearance. I honestly don't understand why acting and modeling have become the same job. I have been told repeatedly that I am too overweight and I don't understand that. Too overweight for what? Too overweight to act? Why? I am healthy, I am happy, I am fit -- why would people want me to change all that so that I can play a 'normal' person on TV? I am not going out to play 'the hot girl'. I AM NORMAL! Why do I need to be skinny in order to be normal? It just doesn't make
any sense to me.

The challenge is to stay strong in who you are and not lose weight just because people ask you to. It will never be enough, and you will lose yourself in the process. I read an interview with America Ferrera recently and I found her really inspiring. She is a smart cookie (and
a ridiculously talented actor.)

No comments: