Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Amanda Tapping - Flick Filosopher: SciFi Upfront Event

From the Flick Filosopher blog:

http://www.flickfilosopher.com/blog/2008/03/in_which_i_manage_not_to_be_a.html


(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

in which I manage not to be a total dork at a Sci Fi Channel event

The Sci Fi Channel threw this big bash in New York last night, and I was there. It was kind of an “upfront,” which is when a network invites a bunch of journalists and a bunch of advertisers and plies them with booze and lets them meet stars and tells them why the network is so going to rock in the upcoming season. So this was Sci Fi explaining how awesome its 2008/2009 is going to be, and I was there on behalf of Film.com. But that doesn’t mean I can’t tell you about it, too.

**snippage**

Yes, that’s Amanda Tapping from Stargate and the new Sci Fi series Sanctuary (which I’ll be writing more about soon) with Grace Park, aka Boomer from BSG. It’s okay to scream and swoon. I did... on the inside, at least. Holy crap, you cannot believe how gorgeous these women are in person. However gorgeous you think they are on TV -- and I mean not just Sam Carter and Boomer but all the BSG chicks: Starbuck, Six, Roslin -- multiply it by ten. I wouldn’t have thought that would be the case, but it’s true.

**snippage**

I was totally a fangirl with Amanda Tapping, but she was sweet about it. I thanked her for Stargate’s Sam Carter, because there aren’t anywhere near enough depictions on TV of smart women doing interesting things (which I said to her), and she thanked me for saying so.

<><><><>

Photos from the event (courtesy of NBCU):

















No comments: