Thursday, April 10, 2008

Battlestar Galactica - Washington Post: Q&A with Jamie Bamber

From Express vis The Washington Post (Washington, D.C.):

http://www.readexpress.com/read_freeride/2008/04/qa_galactica_star_jamie_bamber_doesnt_di.php

(Please follow the link for the complete Q&A.)

Q&A: Galactica Star Jamie Bamber Doesn't Dig Sci-Fi



EVIL ROBOTS ARE ALWAYS trying to kill Jamie Bamber's bomber pilot character, Lee "Apollo" Adama, on the Sci Fi Channel's "Battlestar Galactica" (Fri., 10 p.m.). It's unclear whether Bamber and his co-stars will finally escape the scheming cyborgs in the cult hit's final season, which just began. But one thing is clear: The English actor has won a galaxy of fans as the hunky, troubled hero.

A brief excerpt:

» EXPRESS: "Battlestar" has been a huge hit with critics. Why?

» BAMBER: I think they like the cultural and political relevance. It's like a window on the world. And I think critics like to feel like they’ve got a cause, because not everyone watches the show.



**snippage**

» EXPRESS: You get props for shirtless scenes. How do you stay in shape?

» BAMBER: By staying out of New York! I've been here for a week, and all I've done is eat. But, really, I'm just sort of healthy-minded. I try to be physically active at least once a day. I used to play rugby, but now I play tennis. And I try to eat good food but not overindulge.

**snippage**

No comments: