Thursday, April 10, 2008

Stargate / Sanctuary - SciFi Channel Australia: Amanda Tapping Interview

From SciFi Channel Australia:

http://www.scifitv.com.au/Blog/2008/04/Amanda-Tapping-Interview-The-Ark-Of-Truth-Sanctuary-And-More/

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Amanda Tapping Interview - The Ark Of Truth, Sanctuary And More!




INTERVIEWS

Friday, April 11

by Captain


Amanda Tapping, who plays Samantha Carter on Stargate: SG1 and now on Season 4 of Stargate: Atlantis, has also been burrowing away on her new show, Sanctuary, which was once the most expensive web-exclusive show ever produced, but has now been picked up by the SCI FI Channel US. Before she started working on that, though, she had to tie up a few loose ends on Stargate: The Ark of Truth.

The Ark of Truth is the DVD movie that ties up the final story threads of SG1's tenth season, it's joined by Continuum, the next SG DVD movie, that has fans slathering at the bit. The Ark of Truth is out now, and has recieved a tremendous reception. Check out our review (and our fan forum) for confirmation!

**snippage**

ACTING, DIRECTING AND PRODUCING

Q: Let's talk about things you DO know about. With your move into directing and producing, (on Atlantis and Sanctuary) you're getting to the stage where you're no longer one of these childlike actors...

AT: "(laughs) I'm playing with the big boys now!"




Q: Is that frightening? Do you now go look at your previous producers and say 'oh my god, I had no idea!'.

AT: "I actually went up to Joe Mallozi and Paul Mullie on my first day of Atlantis because I was directing an episode and went 'I just want to apologise unequivocally for every time I came in to your office and asked a stupid question!' I get it. It's been a huge and very fast and very bumpy learning curve. But as I got into it I actually realised I knew a lot more than I thought I did. And I also know a lot more than I ever wanted to. (laughs!) It's an interesting business, I have to say. There were times when I went 'man, I wish I could just be an actress again - I used to think that was stressful'. (laughs) Not so much!"


**snippage**



ATLANTIS SEASON 5

Q: Season 5 Atlantis has seen some changes, to say the least, encouraging some fans but outraging others. What's your take on the Robert Picardo controversy?

AT: "Well, first of all, I love him. I can't back off from the fact that I really like him as a human being. And I think he's a wonderful actor. I think he's the perfect addition. The character of Woolsey creates such great character tension which is what the Stargate writers are so good at. The banter. Making it not only poignant but funny. It's what makes people love the Stargate franchise. It feeds perfectly into that, in my opinion."

**snippage**

No comments: