Saturday, February 23, 2008

Stargate Atlantis - A Poem for The Kindred, Part 1

Stargate Atlantis, how do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth of the Machiavellian plotting in this episode,
and the heigth of Ronon in all his glory (and that his soul can reach).
When I'm feeling out of sorts
for the ends of entertainment and ideal joy
I have thee, Stargate Atlantis, to brighten my week!
For the ends of being ideal TV fare
I love thee to the level of Friday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light, and electricity
I love thee freely, as men strive for right in the Pegasus Galaxy.
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise (mainly from the cursed media critics).
I love thee with the passion put to use to protect Teyla and all whom the Lanteans love and vow to protect.
In my old grief with unfulfilled promise of TV joy (Firefly) , and with my childhood's faith (in Star Trek: The Original Series)
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose (for a few moments)
With the cancellation of Stargate SG1.
I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better during SEASON TEN!


(With all due apologies to Elizabeth Barrett Browning)

And wow! Peter Woeste was back to direct this episode! We missed you Peter!

Morjana

No comments: