Thursday, March 13, 2008

Stargate SG1 - GateWorld: Judging Truth

From GateWorld:

http://gateworld.net/interviews/judging_truth.shtml

(Please follow the link for the complete GateWorld two-page interview with Christopher Judge.)



Judging Truth

GateWorld talks with Christopher Judge

It was just at the beginning of the Ori story arc that GateWorld last talked with Christopher Judge. It seems fitting that we chat with him again just shortly after the Ori storyline is dealt with in the just-released DVD feature, Stargate: The Ark of Truth.

The actor has kept himself particularly busy in the months since Stargate: Continuum finished shooting. Not only is he in full pre-production of his new series Rage of Angels, he is performing the bigger task of being a father for the fourth -- and in some ways the first -- time.

We also chat about his recent appearance in the Stargate Atlantis episode "Midway," poke a bit of fun in the general direction of Teal'c's gray streak, and brave the murky waters of the overall religious messages from Seasons Nine, Ten, and Ark of Truth.


A brief excerpt:

GW: Let's go back to The Ark of Truth for a couple minutes. Tell us about filming the scenes in the mountains.


CJ: It was terrifying. When I read it I thought "Oh, it'll be cool. I'll be in the green screen. They're going to have some beautiful mountains behind me." Coop [Writer/Director Robert C. Cooper] goes to my trailer and he's like "How do you feel about heights?"

My claustrophobia is very much a matter of record. Any time there's anything -- "Do you have a phobia of this?" "What do you think about heights?" I was like, "Well, Coop, I don't know. What are you talking about?"

"How would you feel about taking a helicopter up to the Sisters Mountains, filming up there and doing all this stuff practical?" I said, "Wait a minute, so do you want me alone in nature?" [Laughter]

No comments: