Sunday, April 27, 2008

Stargate / Sanctuary - Metro (UK): Why Amanda gave up baton twirling

From Metro (UK):

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/interviews/article.html?in_article_id=144839&in_page_id=11

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

FAME - INTERVIEWS

Why Amanda gave up baton twirling

by ANDREW WILLIAMS - Sunday, April 27, 2008



Amanda Tapping, 42, is best known for her role as Colonel Samantha Carter in long-running sci-fi show Stargate and she has appeared in all ten series, a Stargate DVD movie (The Ark Of Truth, which is out now) plus two series of spin-off show Stargate Atlantis. She is currently developing her own sci-fi series, Sanctuary, which she will produce and star in.

**snippage**



Q: Were you a sci-fi fan before you started on Stargate?

AT: "I watched Star Trek: The Next Generation but I was more of a Little House On The Prairie fan. It was a big leap for me."


**snippage**

Q: Did you have any rubbish day jobs?

AT: "I waitressed a lot. My favourite waitressing job was serving beer in a biker bar. I got great tips and the bikers were very polite customers. I also worked in a very high-end restaurant and the customers there were incredibly rude."




Q: Have you ever won a competition?

AT: 'I was a champion baton twirler. The prize was just the honour of winning. I got 97 per cent in a baton twirling exam. I did it from the age of nine to 12 but gave it up because I realised it looked kind of dorky. I can still do it now, my daughter found my old baton in the back of a closet so I showed her some routines."


Q: Have you ever been attacked by an animal?

AT: "I was chased by a swan through Hyde Park. I don't know what I did to annoy it, I just think swans have an attitude problem. You just need to give them a wrong look and then watch out."

No comments: