Saturday, April 5, 2008

Stargate SG-1 - The Book Swede & His Blog: Karen Miller Interview

From The Book Swede & His Blog:

http://thebookswede.blogspot.com/2008/04/interview-with-karen-miller.html

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Saturday, 5 April 2008

Interview with Karen Miller...


Karen Miller's latest novel, the first in her new trilogy will be published by Orbit this summer. I've chatted to Karen before about her previous duology, the Kingmaker, Kingbreaker series which I really enjoyed. She kindly agreed to let me question her some more, about Empress and other things...




A brief excerpt:

Q: You've recently written a Stargate novel (a series I really need to watch more of at some point...): could you tell us a little about the novel, and how this came about?


KM: "The most recent Stargate novel I wrote was 'Do No Harm'. That's due for publication in May 2008, I believe. Do No Harm is set at the end of season 3 (I'm a super fan of the earlier seasons). It's a stand-alone adventure that also has a connection to one of my all-time favourite episodes ever, A Matter of Time (from season 2, in which we get to learn a few very significant things about Jack O'Neill, and have a tragic ending, which I love!). It also introduces a one-off character from season 7, who for various reasons has become a bit of a fan favourite. I know I loved him, which is why I included him. Anyhow -- Do No Harm is the story of what happens to SG-1 and Doctor Janet Fraiser when they find themselves in the middle of a medical crisis on a planet that Washington deems a high priority target. It's also about Jack and how he has, or hasn't, dealt with what happened in A Matter of Time. It was a lot of fun to write, but it was also very hard, because it involved actual science. There's a reason I write fantasy novels -- I don't do science! So this was a killer. But I think it works, and I think it did me good to really push myself, in terms of the scientific content. Plus I just have the most fun playing in that sandbox, with those characters. I love them."





Stargate Novels

2 comments:

Chris, The Book Swede said...

Cheers for the mention :) How did you find the interview? That is, where? :D

Chris

morjana said...

Hi, Chris!

I found your blog interview with Karen Miller via Google! LOL!

Thank you for the interview. I'm looking forward to reading Karen's Stargate novel.

Morjana