Friday, May 2, 2008

Stargate Atlantis - NEW Production Photos from 'Whispers' May 2 '08

From Joseph Mallozzi's blog update for May 2, 2008:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/05/02/may-2-2008-thats-a-wrap/

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update and to view the NEW SGA season five production photos in their fuller-sized, high-resolution format at the blog site.)


May 2, 2008: That's a wrap!

Nicole de Boer and Paul McGillion



...It was an excellent day and marked the end of the Whispers shoot (outstanding inserts and pick-ups aside). Christina Cox wrapped yesterday and, today, it was everyone else's turn: Nicole de Boer, Janina Gavankar, Leela Savasta, and, last
but not least, the lovely Paul McGillion. A great time was had by all and I was genuinely kind of sad to see the episode wrap. Will declared it the most difficult episode he has ever shot. But also the most fun. I can't wait to see a cut.

Janina Gavankar




I stayed late yet again, wandering over to Stage 2 where The Queen was being shot to take a few snaps of that creepy new wraith, check out the amazing sets, and grab one of the complimentary smokies being served. I returned to the FX Stage as the second unit pizza delivery arrived. "Worksafe B.C. prohibits eating on set,"I informed a
bewildered P.A., confiscating his barbecue chicken pizza.

It was delicious.

Camera crew



Mailbag:

SusantheTartanTurtle writes: "Is there any particular reason that you have been lurking whilst "Whispers" is being filmed. Apart from all the pretty ladies that is."

Answer: Most of the time, I'm simply too busy to spend time on set. In the case of Whispers (as was the case with Harmony late last season), I have a window before I start my next script (episode #16). Also, this episode is a little more complex than most, requiring a substantial amount of fog FX, and I wanted to be on hand to deal with any potential problems. Fortunately, things went swimmingly.


**snippage**

Leela Savasta practicing her pistol whipping



LostCityGuardian writes: "Is the Shrine of Talus still going to be called that, or is it now just The Shrine?"

Answer: It's now called The Shrine.


**snippage**

Director Will Waring giving two thumbs up




StellaByStargate writes: "I'll ask again if we're going to be treated to another fantastic Joel Goldsmith full orchestral score for Continuum as we were with AoT?"

Answer: Oh yeah.


Leela Savasta



Joel413 writes: "When you are snapping pictures of cast/crew and other people on the set, do you let them know you will be posting them on your blog? To you ask folks if it's Ok to shoot the pics? I wouldn't exactly call the SGA set a "public place" where someone might get snapped. Have you ever had anyone politely ask you not to post their picture? And if so, have you just obliged their request, or have you negotiated some comprimise, or just said, screw it they're my pictures and my site?"

Answer: I've alerted the actors, crew, and any guest stars that I may be snapping pics for the blog. If, for whatever the reason, someone prefers not to have their photo taken and/or posted, I'll happily respect their decision and avoid taking pictures of them until such a time as they express a willingness to have their picture taken again.

No comments: