Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Stargate SG-1 - SciFi World: Michael Welch Interview

From SciFi World:

http://www.thescifiworld.net/interviews/michael_welch_01.htm

Date of publishing: 24th June 2008

Michael Welch interview

Michael was born in Los Angeles July 25, 1987. Michael's acting career was launched at the age of 10 on the television show “Frasier,” playing young Niles. He later starred as Luke Girardi on the hit television series “Joan of Arcadia.” (2003-2005)

Michael's versatility has been spotlighted in guest appearances on over 25 television shows. In his guest appearance on "Stargate SG-1." Michael was critically acclaimed for his portrayal of Colonel Jack O'Neill cloned in Welch's body. He has had such diverse roles as a Buddhist monk, autistic teen and young man battling with the law.



Michael is no stranger to the stage; he had the wonderful opportunity to play Ian McKellen’s son in "Enemy of The People" with the Royal National Theatre. Over the past several years Michael's talents have brought him acclaim on the big screen. He has appeared in "An American Crime," "Buster’s Class Reunion," "American Son" and "The Beautiful Ordinary," and has recently completed his most challenging role in "Lost Dream." He also stars in "Day of the Dead", "All the Boys Love Mandy Lane" and "Twilight". Watch for many of these films to come to theaters in 2008.

Michael has been involved with the charity Kids with a Cause since 1999. He received the 2005 “Star Innovative Award” for his environmental contributions. Michael has received two Young Artist Awards for his excellence in both film and television.

(Biography from http://www.michaelwelchonline.com)


A brief excerpt:

Gilles Nuytens: What interested you in Twilight and in the character you play?

Michael Welch: As some of you may know, I had never heard of the books before I auditioned. Just as I had never seen Stargate SG-1 before auditioning for that. I’m a loser... I liked the idea of “Twilight” a lot because I love anything to do with vampires. I thought the story was really interesting, that’s what got me excited about the project initially. And then, the 50,000 posts on imdb within 48 hours of the “Twilight” film announcement got me pretty pumped as well. Mike Newton is a great guy, isn’t he? I think he’s a real sweetheart. And by the way I think he’s fun, I don’t think he’s annoying at all. I realize though that many people who find Mike annoying also tend to find me annoying. So that’s cool, ‘cause I like Mike.

1 comment:

♥ANAIS♥ said...

Salut =)


Torri in Journal TV from RĂ©union

Photo: http://www.gateship-one.net/reunionstellaire/index.php?2008/06/22/11-torri-higginson-au-jt-de-19h30-les-photos#co