Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Stargate: Continuum / Atlantis / Sanctuary - GateWorld: Martin Wood Video Interview Part 2

From GateWorld:

(Please follow the link to view the video in its original size and/or read the transcript.)



MAN OF VISION

GateWorld talks with Martin Wood


Martin Wood has been involved with Stargate since the very first season of SG-1 and has directed nearly a quarter of the franchise. GateWorld has considered itself long overdue for an in-depth discussion with this influential producer. We spoke with him at the Stage 3 Media offices earlier this year.

In Part Two of our video interview, GateWorld talks with Wood about some of his favorite scenes from Stargate Continuum, memorable shows he directed over his decade-long run with the franchise, and his new personal frontiers with Sanctuary.

GateWorld's interview with Martin runs approximately 19 minutes. The video requires QuickTime 7.0 or higher. The interview is also available at GateWorld Play!

Rather not view the video? It's also transcribed [at the link above]!

Check out Part One of our interview here!


A brief excerpt:

GW: You've been doing this show for so long now, which of your episodes do you feel most withstand the test of time? Which are you most proud of?

MW: You know, I get asked this a lot when people look at the volume of work. It's a very hard question for me to answer. I'd rather say "In this category, [these] are the ones I like." "In this category, these are the ones I like." "In this category, these are the ones I like."

Because truthfully, the evolution that's happened with me in my directing skill. "Skill" in quotation marks. The evolution that's happened to me as a director has really made a difference in how I like the shows. Because I look at some of the old shows and I go, "Hoo, hey ... I can't believe I did that."

But, you know what? One of my favorite shows is still "Solitudes." "Solitudes," "Small Victories," these are shows that I can watch over and over again and look past the directing and think, "Those are my favorite shows." Things like "Grace Under Pressure" was another one of my favorites. It was just David and Amanda.


No comments: