Sunday, August 10, 2008

John Scalzi - Tor Books: An Irreverent Q&A with John Scalzi and Tobias Buckell

From Tor Books:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Ohio Authors Coming To Kick Your Butt with Science Fiction: An Irreverent Q&A with John Scalzi and Tobias Buckell

Did you miss the announcement? Ohio denizens and authors John Scalzi and Tobias Buckell are coming to kick your butts with Science Fiction this August 19th with their respective new novels, Zoe’s Tale and Sly Mongoose.

Check out there dynamic duo events in both Ohio and, ahem, “greater Ohio,” here.

Q: So, you’re both from Ohio! What’s so great about Ohio?
Tobias Buckell: The fact that, of late, it's become a literary hotbed of science fiction novelists... err, well, at least a handful of science fiction novelists. Certainly more than Montana. Technically I guess I'd have to admit under oath that I'm not from Ohio, but the Caribbean, which is why Caribbean themes and people are featured so much more heavily in my books than, say, things from Ohio.

John Scalzi: Toby notes he's an implant to Ohio, as am I: I actually grew up in Southern California, and moved to Ohio in 2001, so my wife could be closer to her family. That said, I actually do like it here; It's pleasant, it's relatively inexpensive to live here, and I live in rustic splendor in a little town with Amish folk. What's not to like? And certainly when I go back to LA and get stuck on the 405 I am reminded that I don't really miss that part of the California lifestyle. If only Ohio had In-N-Out burger, everything would be perfect...


Zoe’s Tale (0-7653-1698-6; $24.95) by John Scalzi and Sly Mongoose (0-7653-1920-9; $25.95) by Tobias Buckell release from Tor this August 2008.



No comments: