Friday, October 17, 2008

Emilie Ullerup - The SciFi World: Audio Interview

From June 13, 2007, an audio interview with Sanctuary's Emilie Ullerup at The SciFi World:

(Please follow the link to download the audio interview and/or read the complete transcript.)



Christopher Heyerdahl (John Druitt) and Emilie Ullerup (Ashley Magnus)


Emilie Ullerup interview

Emilie Ullerup was born in Denmark. With her father’s job, she travelled a lot around the world, including Belgium, USA and Vietnam. Now she resides in Vancouver. She always knew from an early age that she wanted to act. So by the time she finished high school in Copenhagen she decided to come to Vancouver to pursue acting in 2003 and attended the Vancouver film school. She graduated from there in 2005. It took her a while to get her work permit because she isn't a Canadian citizen. She finally got the work permit and have been working ever since. She got small roles in Battlestar Galactica and Blood Ties and now has a main role in the web series "Sanctuary", playing Ashley Magnus, the daughter of Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping). For more information about Sanctuary, visit www.sanctuaryforall.com.


A brief excerpt:

Gilles Nuytens: Tell us how you got the part in Sanctuary.
Emilie Ullerup: Well it was a pretty traditional way of getting a part. I was called in for an audition. I knew nothing about the project other than the little bit of information that I had gotten from the audition sides. And I went in and did the audition and then I got a call back a couple of days later. I was thrown into the room and Damian Kindler was there and Martin Wood the director was there, John Smith, executive producer, a lot of people were in the room and I did the audition once again. Very unexpectedly in the back of the room stood the stunt coordinator BamBam. And I was caught off guard when they told me that BamBam was going to come up and you know teach me a little fight sequence and then we would see how I did. Upon talking to Damian later I know that that was one of the most important aspects of getting this character is can you physically embody Ashley. So I was thrown into this little fight sequence and I had to do it. Did it a couple of times with BamBam and then I actually heard back that same morning that I had been cast for Ashley and I was just over joyed.




Helen Magnus (Amanda Tapping), Will Zimmerman (Robin Dunne) and Ashley

No comments: