Saturday, February 21, 2009

Stargate - Joseph Mallozzi's Blog: Questions for Amanda Tapping?

From Joseph Mallozzi's blog update for February 21, 2009:

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update and to view photos of Stargate SG-1's Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Michael Shanks, Gary Jones and Stargate Atlantis' Jason Momoa [previously posted].)



I'd travel light ears to see Amanda Tapping!

February 21, 2009: Fond Remembrances and a BIG Guest Blogger Announcement!

Whenever my career draws to its inevitable conclusion, I’ll be able to reflect back on the many fond memories of my time in “the business“. I‘ve had good times, bad times, and everything in between. That said, the high point for me were the years I spent working on Stargate: SG-1. They were memorable for a number of reasons, but chiefest among them were the incredibly talented and wonderfully generous people I was fortunate enough to collaborate with over the course of those seven years: my fellow writer-producers (especially Brad and Rob who gave us our first shot and showed us the ropes), the directors, the crew, and, of course, the cast - specifically, that core team of Richard Dean Anderson (Jack O’Neill), Amanda Tapping (Samantha Carter), Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson), and Christopher Judge (Teal’c). These four were a pleasure to deal with both on and off the set and, in the ten years the show was on the air, they made fans of, not only the viewers at home, but the people they worked with as well. A couple of weeks back, I wrote: “If you want to get the real story and truly separate the princes from the pricks and the beauties from the bitches, then get to know the men and women who spend the greater part of their days on set with these people ...".

... I was exchanging emails with the lovely Amanda Tapping and I asked her whether she might be interested in doing a fan Q&A. Well, I’m happy to report that she’s more than happy to visit with us. And with production on Sanctuary’s second season poised to begin soon, she has a rare/brief window of calm before the inevitable storm. So…

If you’ve got questions for Amanda Tapping, start posting -- [NOTE: at Mr. Mallozzi's blog]. But please avoid duplicating questions that have already been asked. Be concise and let’s avoid burying Amanda under the inevitable avalanche of well-wishes and meandering queries.

4 comments:

Bruce E Simmons said...

I met Amanda Tapping at the screening of Stargate Continuum at Comic Con, San Diego. I enjoyed the experience.

a) I was wondering if they have a plan for Sanctuary? Some shows have an 'x' year outline. Do you have anything like that planned out?

b) Do you think Major Carter might have any appearances on Stargate: Universe? It might be too early for that, but my curiosity compels me.

Thanks for your time!

morjana said...

Hi, BruSimm,

Be sure to post your questions for Ms. Tapping at Mr. Mallozzi's blog at: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/

Bruce E Simmons said...

Ah! And if I contained my enthusiasm just a tiny bit, I might have noticed that! Thanks.

morjana said...

Hi, BruSimm.

Yes, I completely understand!

:)

Good questions, too, I hope she answers your's!