Monday, February 9, 2009

Stargate SG-1 - GateWorld: Video/Audio: Cliff Simon Interview

At GateWorld:



END OF A REIGN

GateWorld talks with Cliff Simon

Cliff Simon has had an incredible journey as the Goa'uld System Lord Baal. Introduced as one of many System Lords in the SG-1 Season Five two-parter, "Summit" and "Last Stand," he stood out above the rest and returned the following season to repeatedly torture Jack O'Neill to death.

After six seasons and one DVD movie, it appears the journey may be over. But who knows what the future holds! Cliff talks with GateWorld about Baal's journey, the quality of the Stargate: Continuum script, his future projects and charity work.

GateWorld's interview with Cliff runs almost 28 minutes, and is available in video, audio, and transcript form! The video version below requires QuickTime, but it is is also available in Flash format at GateWorld Play.

For the audio version you can listen online at your leisure, or download it to your MP3 player.

A brief excerpt:

GW: For Continuum, was the shooting more straining? Was it tighter than the TV show? Was it a little bit looser? Were there more opportunities for you to perfect and tweak? How was it compared to the series?
CS: Because the show was bigger and sets were bigger, it took a long time to shoot. Because Brad [Wright] was on set every day, he wanted it a certain way. So when you've got the producer sitting on set, and the writer sitting on set, they want it a certain way. Whereas in the episodes it was more about, "Let’s get these scenes shot. Let’s get it done. We’ve got to get it out."

So they paid a lot more attention, so it took a lot longer to do. But as far as pressure, no. There wasn’t more pressure on me. I put pressure on myself to do as good as I can when I’m filming, so I kind of felt the same. But there was a lot more opportunities for me to do what I wanted to do. Because it took more time so we did more takes, so it gave me more opportunity to, "OK, I’m going to try it this way. I’m going to try it that way."




No comments: