Sunday, May 16, 2010

Stargate Universe - ColonelEz.net: Louis Ferreira Interview

At ColonelEz.net:

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Louis Ferreira talks on set relationships, pushing character boundries and pranks

May 16, 2010
Written by Terry Humphreys

Photobucket

One of the best things about running a site like ColonelEz.Net is every so often I get the chance to talk to some of the great cast and crew of shows like Stargate Universe.

Recently I had the opportunity to talk to Louis Ferreira (Colonel Young) about his character, working with Robert Carlyle and the moral issues of the less than perfect character he plays.

A brief excerpt:

The first thing we chatted about was playing alongside Robert Carlyle; Louis had nothing but good things to say.
LF: “One of the main reasons I was drawn to the show to begin with was Robert Carlyle’s name, I was really impressed to hear that they were going to go a different direction & When I heard his name I immediately realized that they had to, based on the type of actor that he was.”

“Between the producer’s pitch of this sort of darker, grittier more realistic version of the show and Robert Carlyle’s name I did become super interested and was really grateful when I got the job as I think I found my brother from Scotland in Robert.”

Photobucket
Lou Diamond Phillips as Col. David Telford, Richard Dean Anderson as Lt. Gen. Jack O'Neill, and Louis Ferreria as Col. Everett Young in Stargate Universe's "Subversion" airing Friday, May 21 on Syfy at 9pm.

No comments: