Saturday, June 19, 2010

Stargate Universe - Joseph Mallozzi's Blog: Questions for Louis Ferreria (Col. Everett Young)?

From Joseph Mallozzi's blog update for June 18, 2010:

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update and to view the new photos.)

Finally! Office Pics! Yet Another Guest Blogger Announcement! And the Mailbag!

What a difference an idea makes. I’d been spinning my wheels on my latest story, trying to find that elusive through-line that would tie all its narrative elements together – and then, yesterday, I found it. Or, more appropriately, it was presented to me by fellow Exec. Producer Brad Wright. And, just like that, the pieces of the puzzle finally fell into place. Well, more or less. I’m still missing some corner pieces and portions of the sky on the upper left, but I’m in much better shape. Today, I put together a preliminary beat sheet which I’ve started to flesh out. I aim to have a reading document ready for early next week. Have to say, I am very excited about this episode – probably more excited than I’ve been for an episode since Atlantis season 5′s Remnants...

Okay, looks like the guest bloggers are coming up fast and furious. I’ve collected your questions for Jennifer Spence and will be sending them her way this weekend. Next up...

Photobucket

The lovely Louis Ferreira, SGU’s Colonel Everett Young, is looking forward to hearing from you. If you’ve got questions and comments for Destiny’s commander, start posting!


Mailbag:

Photobucket

Heather writes: “In my favorite episode “Faith” TJ goes to a river where there is a waterfall. Can you tell me the name of that waterfall?”
Answer: I don’t know whether the waterfall has an actual name, but I do know that it’s located in Widgeon Park, where the episode was shot. According to Carl [Binder], who produced the episode, the waterfall required a bit of a trek to get to – and Alaina, pregnant at the time, was a trooper throughout, making the hike there and back without a peep of protest. Also according to Carl, there are plenty of park rangers in the area who could probably point you in the right direction. Or recover your body if you wander off the trail and happen to encounter one of the many bears that frequent the area.

crayonbaby writes: “Peter DeLuise is back?! Directing possibly?”
Answer: Directing definitely. Episode #11: Deliverance...

No comments: