Monday, April 28, 2008

Battlestar Galactica - Media Blvd. Magazine: Nicki Clyne Interview Transcript

From Media Blvd. Magazine:

http://www.mediablvd.com/magazine/the_news/celebrity/nicki_clyne:_an_in_depth_interview_after_cally's_death_200804281112.html

(Please follow the link for the complete lengthy interview.)

Nicki Clyne: An In Depth Interview After Cally's Death

Monday, 28 April 2008

Listen to the complete interview on TV Talk with ShaunOMac

By Shaun Daily & Kenn Gold

In one of her first interviews since the death of her character, Cally Tyrol, on SCI FI’s hit series Battlestar Galactica, actress Nicki Clyne appeared live on ShaunOMac’s TV Talk. She spoke in depth about her time on the show, and what she liked about the character, what she is doing now, and her plans for the future.

**snippage**

Shaun> So what did you think when you opened up the script, and it said she’s going to shoot you out the launch bay?

Nicki> Actually, I didn’t find out that way. I’d been waiting to hear what was going to happen with the next season and start getting into contract negotiations and what not, and it was getting very close to the time of starting to film. I was getting a little concerned, and so I had this kind of feeling. I wasn’t really sure what it was, and then I got a call from Ron and David. Then I pretty much knew what was going on and why I didn’t have a contract. I had a really neat conversation with them when they phoned, and they were very gracious, and of course with a show like ours, which I feel is so strong with the story line and the writing aspect of it, I really didn’t question that it served the story. Of course, I’m sad. I was upset to be leaving the show, but it made sense to me, and it made it that much easier to swallow in the end.


Shaun> How was it filming those scenes? You started out sneaking after them and watching them in that chamber there talking. Then she unraveled throughout the episode. That had to be exhausting for you shooting those scenes.

Nicki> It was, it was really intense both emotionally and physically. It was good because I had a lot going on after 5 years, this being the end and knowing that. So I had a lot going on for me personally and also the physical strain of working on wires. I don’t know if you remember at the end, there’s me floating in space and we did all kinds of different set ups to try and make that work. One of them was me hanging upside down from wires and spinning around. I came home bruised and battered many days from hanging around.


**snippage**

No comments: