Monday, April 28, 2008

Moonlight - Shannyn Sossamon Interview

From Total SciFi:

http://www.dwscifi.com/interviews/1902-shannyn-sossamon-dancing-in-the-moonlight

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Posted on Monday 28 April 2008

Shannyn Sossamon: Dancing in the Moonlight

Shannyn Sossamon insists it’s just a coincidence that she turns up so frequently in such creepy TV and movie fare as The Order, Devour, Catacombs and Moonlight. But she’s at it again in One Missed Call. “It certainly wasn’t anything that was well thought out,” the actress told Ian Spelling. “You just get excited because you like a script, and that’s it.”

Q: In addition to One Missed Call, you’re one of the stars of the CBS vampire series Moonlight. How has that experience been?

SS: "I have no complaints about Moonlight, ever – it’s great for me. Everything about it is a challenge, and in a great way. I think it’s a gift, in a personal way, to me. I love Alex [O’Loughlin], I love Sophia [Myles], I love [executive producer] Joel Silver, I like everybody - and I’m not just saying that!"


Q: You play Coraline, who has turned the show’s hero into a vampire. We also see you as Morgan, a human who looks a lot like Coraline. What intrigues you most about the character?

SS: "I didn’t sign up for the Morgan part of it. That was a surprise to me, actually. I read the episodes and thought, “That’s interesting.” I signed up for the show to do something like Coraline, which was a character I hadn’t played before. Morgan is closer to me, more modern-day, and I like playing Coraline more.

I really signed up for Moonlight because I trusted Joel Silver. I didn’t know what they were going to do. Joel just said, “You’re going to play this character Coraline. I don’t know what’s going to happen yet with her, but…” I was hesitant at first because I didn’t have any material and didn’t know what they were going to do with her and the show. But I trusted Joel, and he believed in me that I could do something that I hadn’t done yet...And when people trust you, it’s the most inspiring thing ever."


Q: How confident are you that CBS will bring Moonlight back for a second season?

SS: "I think it’s definitely going to keep going. Oh, for sure. The fan base is too loyal. And it’s too good. I can’t see them not having it continue."


**snippage**

One Missed Call is out now in UK cinemas. Moonlight is currently airing on CBS and UK Living. Catacombs is out now on region 1 & 2 DVD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dancing in the Moonlight! Great!