Saturday, May 10, 2008

Battlestar Galactica - Media Blvd Magazine: Rekha Sharma Interview

From Media Blvd Magazine:

http://www.mediablvd.com/magazine/the_news/celebrity/rekha_sharma_200805091135.html

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Rekha Sharma


Friday, 09 May 2008

Rekha Sharma who plays the recently revealed to be a Cylon, Tory, on Battlestar Galactica recently spoke about the changes in her role since she became a Cylon.


By Kenn Gold & Shaun Daily



**snippage**

Shaun> The character must be from Chicago, because only in Chicago do they know how to fix elections (laughs). Maybe you don’t like Tory anymore after what she did last week, but did you like Tory and fill out some of the background of the character for yourself?

Rekha> You know, I did, but not with details. I didn’t think it was necessary, simply because there is so much going on in the scripts. The writing is so wonderful; I didn’t feel like I needed to do a whole lot to fill in the gaps. But Ron and I did talk before we started the 4th season, It was really wonderful actually. I got to collaborate and send them my thoughts on the character on what my strengths and weaknesses were, and what I thought about how her existence was, which was great. So we did build that back-story for Tory coming into this 4th season. Yes, I do like Tory. I think for myself, and for most actors, you have to like your character. You have to have compassion for every human being on this planet, or else what are you doing being an actor? That’s my point of view anyway. I may not agree with some of her decisions, but I do believe she is doing her best. She’s one smart cookie. I certainly could not be the chief of staff to the president of the Universe, as I like to say. So I respect people who do those kinds of jobs. She’s extremely organized and she’s really together. To have her world broken apart, and to be forced to feel things that she’s never felt before, I can’t imagine what she’s going through. I do try to imagine, that’s kind of my job. But it’s hard to imagine.


**snippage**

No comments: