Sunday, June 15, 2008

Battlestar Galactica - TV Guide Online: Katee Sackhoff Interview

From TV Guide Online:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/battlestar-galactica-sackhoff/080613-02

(Please follow the link for the complete TV Guide Online interview.)

Interviews & Features

Friday, June 13, 2008

Katee Sackhoff on the Battlestar Finale: "I Want Closure"



by Anna Dimond

Imagine your entire world has been destroyed, and you along with less than 40,000 survivors have to fight for your lives against human-hating Cylon robots, all in an attempt to reach a planet that may or may not exist. You’ve been told you have a destiny to lead your people to the only livable planet, but that you’re also a “harbinger of death.” How the heck do you take on those burdens without being a little whacked out?

Clearly, Battlestar heroine Kara “Starbuck” Thrace is able to handle this kind of pressure because she is crazy... in a good way. Scene-stealer Katee Sackhoff has spent four seasons playing the spirited, brilliant, tom-boy fighter pilot who may be the key to finding “Earth” and saving the last remaining humans. We spoke with the actress about how Galactica has changed her, her hopes for Starbuck at the end of the series' run, and her upcoming stint on Nip/Tuck.




A brief excerpt:

TVGuide.com: You also have a guest part on Nip/Tuck coming up. What will that be like?


Sackhoff: It's exciting. I wanted to do something that would break me out of the Starbuck stereotype. I wanted to do something that completely abandoned her, so much so that people almost in a sense forgot that I played her for a while. [On Nip/Tuck] I'm the new anesthesiologist. I'm a little devil. I give it to Sean, and I make him break out of his shell. And I may get him in a little bit of trouble along the way, but it's a fun role for me. I'm tattooed, I get to ride Harleys.... It was a nice transition, a nice four episodes. And then I have a movie that we're hopefully going to start in November.


TVGuide.com: What kind role is that for you?

Sackhoff: The movie is called The Victim, and I'm very excited about it. I'm excited to actually not beat someone up for a change!


No comments: