Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Stargate Atlantis - About.com: Robert Picardo Interview

From About.com's SciFi/Fantasy section:

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)



Robert Picardo (photo courtesy of MGM Stargate)

Interview: Robert Picardo

The veteran actor talks about his new 'Atlantis' command

By Mark Wilson, About.com

A week before the debut of Stargate Atlantis's fifth season I spent some time talking with the intelligent and funny Robert Picardo, who plays the new expedition commander Richard Woolsey. Picardo is well known not only for Woolsey, introduced in the seventh season of Stargate SG-1, but as the holographic doctor on Star Trek: Voyager and as Dr. Richard on China Beach (among many, many other roles). For an image gallery of Robert Picardo past and present, click here.


A brief excerpt:

You've got episodes coming up with Michael Shanks again.

Oh yeah, he's great, he's great fun. I love his character. And of course, the two of them together [David Hewlett and Michael Shanks], talking -- I was a fast talker, on Voyager. But I cede the competition to those guys [laughs]. I don't know that, even in my prime, when I could talk really fast, I could keep pace with them, but now I know I cannot.

No comments: