Friday, January 9, 2009

Sanctuary - She Knows: Amanda Tapping: From Stargate to Sanctuary

At She Knows:

(Please follow the link for the complete three-page interview!)



Amanda Tapping: From Stargate to Sanctuary

Part One: Amanda Tapping Finds Sanctuary

by Nancy J Price


A brief excerpt:

SheKnows: So, you've been Samantha Carter on Stargate SG-1 for ten years, and then you had the year on Atlantis. Did you ever imagine actually playing your character there for that long? And do you think you could play Helen on Sanctuary for that long -- do you think there’s enough there?
Amanda Tapping: I didn’t -- I can’t. But you know what’s really funny is I couldn’t have imagined playing Sam Carter for that long, either. It’s amazing how quickly time flies when you’re having fun. It sounds like a lame little old adage, but it’s absolutely true. Stargate was so joyful, and even for all our ups and downs, it was a great show to work on -- an amazing family -- and so the ten years didn’t feel like ten years. It honestly didn’t, and people go, “Oh my God, you were on that show for a decade!” and I’d say, “Yeah, but it went by really quickly!”

And season one of Sanctuary was probably the hardest work I’ve ever done in my life, in terms of wearing so many hats. It was exhausting, yet at the end of it I was. “Oh wow, that was great!” So you’re ultimately exhausted and revitalized by the amount of work. So can I imagine playing Helen for ten years? No. It could possibly happen -- sure -- and would those ten years go by just as quickly? Sure, they probably would.

Coming next week: Amanda's time on Stargate: Atlantis, and whether or not she will return to Stargate

No comments: