Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Leverage - SheKnows: Christian Kane Interview

At SheKnows:

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)



Leveraging a hit with Christian Kane

Leverage's southern heat

by Cynthia Boris

Leverage says goodbye tonight. As incredible as it may seem, tonight is the season finale of TNT's new heist show! I've been hooked from day one and in that I am not alone. Clever writing, fantastic chemistry and a wry sense of humor make this show appointment TV at our house. So I couldn't have been more thrilled when I heard that the show had been picked up for a second season.

The Leverage cast and crew will be back at work very soon, producing new episodes for a season premiere sometime in June. In the meantime, I snuck in a little time with Christian Kane who plays hired gun Eliott Spencer on the series. What was this country music crooner turned TV tough guy doing when I called? Hawking Maverix, his line of ladies lingerie, in Las Vegas, I kid you not.

A brief excerpt:

Leverage and lingerie?

SheKnows: So what was the incentive to start your own ladies lingerie line?
Christian Kane: I loved Victoria’s Secret for a long time; to me, and I gotta be honest with you, they’ve become Fredrick’s of Hollywood, its smut. I don’t like it anymore, I don’t like the colors, I don’t like the way that they’re designed. Everything’s pink now, neon pink, and it’s just not my color. What we’re trying to do is put some class and romance back in the bedroom and that’s what I fell in love with in lingerie. It’s weird for me to be such a tough guy on TV and just start talking about women’s clothing, but it’s because I love women and I hate the fact that these people have made you believe that you’ve got to get dressed up in something that shows everything. The fact is, I don’t want to see everything, man. The romance and the love of getting to where you’re going is what lingerie was created for and that’s what we kinda come back to -- a French couture type design. We’ve got some really good corsets and stuff like that. You know, it’s all about the romance and when you take it away ...

No comments: