Thursday, March 12, 2009

Stargate / Farscape - SFX Magazine: Claudia Black Fannish Inquisition

At SFX Magazine:

(Please follow the link for the complete lengthy interview.)



Thursday March 12, 2009

Claudia Black Fannish Inquisition

Back in issue 179 of SFX we revealed Claudia Black's answers to a selection of questions given to us by you, our readers. Now we can reveal the full, uncut answers to all the questions we were able to ask! So, if you were wondering if Claudia gave a more detailed answer to your question or just wondered if we got to ask your question, keep reading...

A brief excerpt:

I was wondering who was more fun to play: Aeryn Sun or Vala Mal Doran?

- Svein Ingvar P Kvilhaug
"They're both amazing characters. Again, I'd have to say that where I am in my life personally right now, I'd rather be conjuring lightness and comedy, because I couldn't find a way to separate myself from it entirely. I was always exhausted when I went home, playing Aeryn. She had the weight of the world on her shoulders. She was such a beautiful, soulful character. Very restrained work, taught me a lot of discipline as an actor. And Vala's the cheeky, naughty, energetic one, and the difficulty with that is, with young children, if you don't have the energy on the day when you turn up, you have to find it somehow because you owe it to the character – that's her essence, this huge ball of energy. But I couldn't choose between them. Perhaps Aeryn – by the end of her journey as we left her, she had more of a sense of humour. Maybe things wouldn't be so dire for her now if I was playing her. But they're both incredible."

No comments: