Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Eureka - Total SciFi: Eureka Season 3: Geniuses at work

From Total SciFi:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)



Eureka Season 3: Geniuses at work

The titular town of the cult Sci Fi Channel series Eureka is populated by eccentric geniuses who devote their time to coming up with all sorts of odd inventions. With the show back for a third series, Abbie Bernstein caught up with showrunners Jaime Paglia and Charlie Craig and star Colin Ferguson who plays Sheriff Jack Carter - a regular guy trying to adapt to Eureka’s eccentricities.

Season 2 was somewhat darker than Season 1. Will Season 3 be lighter?

Charlie Craig: I think [the darker tone] was a fun, interesting place to go. We didn’t apologise for it at all.

Jaime Paglia: But when you’re planning a season, you say, ‘Alright, now what do we want to do?’ And we just started coming up with funnier stuff this time. I think of our show as a comedy, not as suspense.

Charlie Craig: Yeah. ‘Dramedy’ is what we were trying to go for, and I think that we went a little more into drama last season. Again, I think it was great to do for our characters, but I think we all sort of had an inclination to come back more to the funny side this time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Nathan is gone. I hope since it was a "Time Loop problem" that he will be back. The tension between Starke and Carter is one of the very best aspects of the show.

morjana said...

According to Eureka Unscripted, Ed Quinn has left the series for another project, so it doesn't look good for Nathan Stark. I thought "I Do Over" was one of the best TV episodes I've seen this year.

Morjana