Friday, July 9, 2010

Stargate Universe - Show Patrol: Brian J. Smith of 'SGU' 'gates to 'Orient Express'

At Chicago Now's Show Patrol (Chicago, IL):

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Brian J. Smith of 'SGU' 'gates to 'Orient Express'

by Curt Wagner on 07.09.10

Brian J. Smith planned to relax in New York City after he finished filming the first season of "Stargate Universe" last winter.

Before he knew it, he had booked passage on the Orient Express. Well, actually he landed a part in the latest adaptation of Agatha Christie's "Murder on the Orient Express," which premieres at 8 p.m. Sunday on PBS (WTTW in Chicago).
"It came completely out of the blue," Smith told me this week during a break in shooting S2 of "SGU" in Vancouver. "I think I was in New York for like five days when my agent called ... I was really intrigued by the character."

Smith plays Hector MacQueen, the multi-lingual assistant to hateful American businessman. They board the Orient Express and cross paths with the famed detective Hercule Poirot--and with murder. (Of course I'm not going to tell you any more about it!)



Brian J. Smith as Hector McQueen

No comments: