Thursday, October 2, 2008

Supernatural / Stargate Atlantis - TV Guide Online: X-Files' Mitch Pileggi Gramps it Up for Supernatural

At TV Guide Online:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)



TV Show Blogs

TV Show Previews

X-Files' Mitch Pileggi Gramps it Up for Supernatural

It's the hour that might drop the collective jaw of Supernatural fans who think they have the CW series' mythology all figured out. "In the Beginning," airing this Thursday at 9 pm/ET, guest-stars Mitch Pileggi as Samuel Campbell, the Winchester boys' maternal grandfather. The Back to the Future-esque tale finds Dean face-to-face with not only Gramps but also his would-be parents, as light is shed on the dark truth about That Night. TVGuide.com invited Pileggi to preview his visit, reflect on his least-appreciated TV role, and ponder the prospects for X-Files 3. — Matt Mitovich

...TVGuide.com: You and Jensen Ackles have a very tense face-off at one point. Is that a scene you rehearsed and he knew exactly what you would be throwing at him, or was there some element of surprise to your performance?
Pileggi: He had no idea what I was going to be doing until I did it. It was... fun, man. [Laughs] To be quite honest, I didn't know what I was going to be doing. It kind of just "happened." Usually when I don't know what I'm doing is when I'm the happiest with it.


TVGuide.com: What lies ahead for Colonel Caldwell during this final season of Stargate Atlantis?
Pileggi: I just got done doing the final episode, and I'm still flying around the Daedelus. I'm just a cab driver. [Laughs] Just more space battles and saving Sheppard and the others...

No comments: