Thursday, October 2, 2008

Supernatural - Buddy TV: Exclusive Audio Interview: Mitch Pileggi

At Buddy TV:

(Please follow the link for the complete interview transcript.)



Exclusive Interview: Mitch Pileggi of 'Supernatural'

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I was lucky enough to attend the San Diego Comic-Con this year, where Supernatural creator Eric Kripke announced that actor Mitch Pileggi would play Mary Winchester's father on an upcoming episode of the series. Many of the geeks in the room, myself included, reached nerd nirvana when the news was announced. The man who so perfectly embodied the bad-ass Walter Skinner on The X-Files is an amazing choice to play Sam and Dean's grandfather. Viewers will get a chance to see Pileggi in the role on tomorrow night's Supernatural episode, entitled "In the Beginning."

I recently had a chance to sit down with Pileggi to discuss his role on the CW series, as well as his stints on Brothers & Sisters and Sons of Anarchy.

A brief excerpt:

What can you tell us about your character on Supernatural? I know you can't reveal too much.
"Well, I'm playing their grandfather. Castiel sends Dean back in time to -- why he sends him back in time is revealed later on at the end of the episode, but he's back in Lawrence, Kansas in 1973, and because of that he runs into his father, and his mother, and his grandparents on his mother's side. There's a lot that happens as a result of that."


Is there something in particular that keeps you coming back to the sci-fi and horror genres?
"I've always been a big fan of sci-fi and horror, and I've been a big fan of novels that are sci-fi and horror. It's what I like. It's not necessarily all I want to do, but I think because I have pretty substantial exposure in it that's why they keep thinking, let's bring Mitch into this. He's a sci-fi guy! It's all fun. In Stargate: Atlantis I get to be Captain Kirk. It's stuff I really enjoy doing..."


Podcast Link

No comments: