Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Stargate Universe - Stargate Planet: Patrick Gilmore Interview

At Stargate Planet:

German

English

Interview with Patrick Gilmore

about Stargate Universe and other projects



We know Patrick Gilmore as “Dale Volker“ in Stargate Universe and we’re grateful that he took some time off his busy schedule to answer a few career related questions for our German website visitors.


A brief excerpt:

S-P.de: How did you prepare for your Stargate Universe audition?
PG: That was back in January of 2009. Actors audition so much that at one point they all bleed into one and you can’t remember specifics. My prep for SGU would have been as followed:

Monday
11am - Call from Agent “Audition tomorrow.”
4pm - Receive email with portion of script and other audition details.
6pm - Stop procrastinating and read audition. Play with moments and dialogue, all while cleaning my house (avoidance behaviour.)
8pm - Long dinner (more avoidance behaviour.)
10pm – After watching some TV I would have blocked out my audition. Pacing my living room, yelling, mumbling, getting online to research certain plot points and styles of the TV show. The detail gets exhausting.

Tuesday

2am – I go to sleep anxious with the audition material lying beside my pillow.
9am – I wake, read the audition, shower and perform the audition in the shower.
10am – Drive to audition, still rehearsing.
11am – Audition.
That’s probably what happened for the first audition. Then there was a call-back and I do specifically remember that last audition with Rob, Brad and Andy in the room.

No comments: